1st discussion question
“In Politics” Please respond to the following:
- Some top administrators believe that they should welcome congressional oversight in areas in which committees or members have legitimate concerns. Discuss two or three (2-3) reasons a public administrator might hold this view.
2nd discussion question
“Agency Legislation” Please respond to the following:
- Using the e-Activity, discuss one or two current rulings and comment on how the agency head is impacted by one or two political environments in which the agency must operate (refer to Figure 2.4 in Chapter 2).
- Go to the Federal Digital System Website, located at http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/, and type in your selected agency’s name in the search engine and review three of the agency’s latest rulings. Be prepared to discuss.
3rd discussion question
Addressing Federalism” Please respond to the following:
Review “The Katrina Breakdown” in Chapter 3. Setting aside the philosophical and legal issues this case raises, identify and explain two to three management or efficiency arguments for and against a more centralized response to large national disasters like Hurricane Katrina.
4th discussion question
“Intergovernmental Relations” Please respond to the following:
- Assume that your selected agency received funding to expand its current emergency plan, which involves the Department of Corrections and Department of Juvenile Justice. Provide a one-page email memorandum that introduces the plan, the role of the host agency, and how your agency plans to collaborate with the other agencies.
1 assignment paper
Assignment 3: Evaluation of Agency’s Ethics, Cooperation, Leadership, and Legal Decisions
Due Week 6 and worth 270 points
As a consultant, you need to develop an in-depth analysis and evaluation of the selected Agency’s Ethics, Cooperation, Leadership, and Legal Decisions and then provide recommendations for improvement. Therefore, you will conduct interviews with agency representatives and research-related academic sources and government Websites. The analysis will be read by the VP of Accounts and Client Support as well as by the leaders of the agency for whom you are working.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Analyze two to three (2-3) current events from the past two (2) years (using the e-Activity in Week 4*) focusing on the administrative responsibility and ethical implications to the stakeholders, organization, and public regarding the issues in described in the current event. (Title this section Administrative Ethics.) (*Go to The Center for Public Integrity iWatch, located at http://www.iwatchnews.org/icij/about. Scroll to the bottom of the page to “What We Investigate.” Select a topic and review three (3) of the latest news items about it.)
- Assess the leadership of this agency (in light of leadership models) and of the political context in which the agency operates, highlighting at least three (3) ways internal agency leaders and political leaders have influenced the success and / or failure of the agency. (Title this section Leadership Influences.)
- Analyze the power the agency has in enforcing the regulations they are asked to uphold (using the e-Activity in Week 5). Discuss two to three (2-3) challenges to enforce the agency’s regulations. (Title this section Legal Decisions.)
- Analyze three to four (3-4) strategies for the agency’s future plans for administrative ethics, leadership, and legal to improve the agency’s operation and its primary recipients. (Title this section Strategies for Consideration to Administrative Processes.)
- Recommend two (2) strategies that will provide immediate improvement based on models that influence public policy and the three to four (3-4) strategies presented in criteria four (4) above with a reason each recommendation would bring about improvement. (Title this Recommendations for Improvements to Administrative Processes.)
- Provide proof of one to two (1-2) interviews by submitting the completed interview form with a list of questions for and responses from each interviewee. (Put this in the Appendix under Interview Forms.)
- Provide four to five (4-5) relevant and credible outside resources that support the content of this assignment. (Include no more than one (1) non-government Website.)
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The sections must have appropriate titles. The cover page, reference page, and appendix pages are not included in the required assignment page length. The assignment must be submitted as a Microsoft Word document.
the link up above doesn’t work so here are some helpful links
world political review