In this assignment, you will choose options from each category to design your own case study. Once you have selected one option from each category, you will use that profile to write a case study report. Do not use the same chemical you researched in Unit II. Be creative in developing your character by giving a name, occupation (if applicable), identity, and description of the individual and the situation and circumstances of the case study. The details of the effects of the chemical exposure should be supported by your references.
Step 1: Identify a specific chemical from ONE of these categories:
c. herbicide, or
Step 2: Choose a profile of the individual affected:
a. adult or
Step 3: Research at least two incidents of exposure of the chemical.
Step 4: Develop a case study of exposure of your chemical to the individual. Discuss the following in your case study:
1. Identify how the individual was exposed to the chemical.
2. Identify the exposure pathway of your chosen chemical.
3. What organ systems were affected by the chemical?
4. What acute and chronic effects of exposure to the chemical were observed? Would the effects have been different if the individual was younger or older?
5. How could exposure to the chemical be avoided?
The case study should include the following components:
1. Include all of the aspects in Step 4.
2. Utilize at least three credible references, .
3. Include a minimum of at least two pages, not including title and reference pages.
4. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations. All references and citations used must be in APA style.