RESEARCH CANCER CLUSTERS AND FIND ONE OF INTEREST OR CONCERN TO YOU. MAKE SURE DATA ARE AVAILABLE THAT APPEAR TO JUSTIFY THIS BEING AN ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH ISSUE AND NOT JUST RANDOM “BAD LUCK”. DOES THE DATA COLLECTED SEEM SOUND BASED ON WHAT YOU HAVE LEARNED ABOUT RANDOM SAMPLING AND STATISTICAL ANALYSIS? ANY CONCERNS ABOUT BIAS?
IN YOUR WRITE-UP INCLUDE:
- a clear description of the hazard or hazardous condition and numbers of persons involved (what are their demographics)
- the regulations violated (specifics) or if none, why not?
- an evaluation of the source(s) and extent of the pollution/contamination including possible measurement tools
- the fines or other penalties assessed on the polluter(s).
- the likely routes of exposure and the methods used to assess the level of exposure and consequences
- remedies tried to mitigate this pollution/contamination – AND how successful have they been?
FINALLY, make recommendations for additional remediation/prevention of the issue or reducing the risk for harm.
This assignment addresses outcomes:
1) Demonstrate an understanding of environmental health principles and use this information to analyze problems and make recommendations on human health issues.
3) Demonstrate knowledge of safety, health, and environmental laws, regulations, and policies to assure protection of humans.