CIS 255 Operating System.
Due in Weeks 4 and 8 and worth 50 points.
“Hit by a Bus”
Appropriate, precise, accurate and thorough documentation of the steps taken to achieve results so that they are consistent and repeatable by others is the corner stone of any technical activity — from baking to performing surgery to creating software.
As a software engineer, a large portion of your responsibility will involve your ability to create software documentation that another engineer could look at and follow to achieve the same results in your absence
–as you have been “hit by a bus.”
Using a combination of screen shots and text directions (arrows, colors etc. where necessary), create documentation for two (2) of the TestOut labs:
- Week 4 – User Management – Rename a User Account
- Week 8 – Configure IP Addresses
Keep in mind that your goal is to create something that is:
- Appropriate – documenting steps that are useful
- Precise – documenting the exact commands that you have performed
- Accurate – documenting the correct way of doing it
- Thorough – documenting all of the steps that you have taken to complete the lab
- Grammatically Correct