- Review the feedback you received from your instructor for Milestone 1, and use it to develop this milestone.
- Create a proposal for your Design for Change Capstone Project. Open the recommended assignment specific Milestone 2 Design Proposal Outline (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Use this to write your paper. You will include the information from Milestone 1, your practice issue and evidence summary worksheets, as you compose this proposal. Your plan is to convince your management team of a practice problem you have uncovered that is significant enough to change current practice.
- The format for this proposal will be a paper following the Publication manual of APA 6 th edition.
- The paper is to be four- to six-pages excluding the Title page and Reference page.
- As you organize your information and evidence, include the following topics.
- Introduction: Write an introduction but do not use “Introduction” as a heading in accordance with the rules put forth in the Publication manual of the American Psychological Association(2010, p. 63). Introduce the reader to the plan with evidence-based problem identification and solution.
- Change Model Overview: Overview of the ACE Star model (the model we have been discussing this session); define the scope of the EBP; identify the stakeholders, and determine the responsibility of the team members.
- Evidence: Conduct internal and external searches of evidence; integrate and summarize the evidence summary worksheet from Milestone 1; develop a recommendation for change.
- Translation: develop a hypothetical action plan; include measurable outcomes, reporting to stakeholders; identify next steps and disseminate the findings.
- Conclusion: Provide a clear and concise summary, inclusive of the problem issue, the five points of the ACE Star change model; and ways to maintain the change plan.
- Citations and References must be included to support the information within each topic area. Refer to the APA manual, Chapter 7, for examples of proper reference format. In-text citations are to be noted for all information contained in your paper that is not your original idea or thought. Ask yourself, “How do I know this?” and then cite the source. Scholarly sources are expected, which means using peer-reviewed journals and credible websites.
- Tables and Figures may be added as appropriate to the project. They should be embedded within the body of the paper (see your APA manual for how to format and cite). Creating tables and figures offers visual aids to the reader and enhances understanding of your literature review and design for change.
NR451_Milestone2_2NR451_Milestone2_2CriteriaRatingsPtsThis criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeIntroductionIntroduction to the plan is nursing focused, with evidence-based problem identification and potential solutions clearly identified.)25.0 ptsIntroduction to the plan is nursing focused, and evidence-based. Potential interventions clearly identified.22.0 ptsIntroduction to the plan is missing one of the elements listed in the first column.20.0 ptsIntroduction to the plan is missing two elements listed in the first column.10.0 ptsIntroduction lacks evidence to support need for change and/or potential solution is not evidenced-based.0.0 ptsIntroduction is missing.25.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeChange Model OverviewAn overview of the ACE Star model as a guide for change is given. Scope of the problem is identified. Stakeholders are identified. Team members and their roles and practice area are identified and discussed. State how nurses should use this model as a guide to facilitate change.50.0 ptsOverview of the ACE Star model is given. Scope of problem is identified. Rationale for change is present. Stakeholders are identified. Practice area, team members and role are discussed.44.0 ptsAll elements in the first column are included but discussion of one or more items lacks details.40.0 ptsOverview is missing one of the elements from the first column.19.0 ptsOverview of the ACE Star model is given. Scope of problem is not identified. Rationale for change is not present. Stakeholders are not identified. Practice area, team members and role are not discussed.0.0 ptsChange Model Overview is missing all elements of the first column.50.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeEvidenceEvidence is provided thru basic information that indicates a change is needed. For example, there have been 6 urinary tract infections over the last two months and there were none present the last two years at the same time period. What are some of the evidence-based interventions you discovered in your Evidence Summary that do you plan to use?50.0 ptsEvidence summary is thoroughly provided with information of the current problem in the work setting indicating a change is needed. Interventions discovered in Evidence Summary are used in planning for change.44.0 ptsEvidence summary contains all elements in the first column, however, one or more items lacks detail.40.0 ptsEvidence is vaguely provided through information of the current problem in the work setting indicating a change is needed. Some of the interventions discovered in Evidence Summary are used in planning for change.19.0 ptsEvidence is provided through information of the current problem but is not convincing. Interventions discovered in Evidence Summary are not used in planning for change.0.0 ptsEvidence summary is not provided.50.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeTranslationActivities to achieve the final steps of change are fully described. What is needed to achieve? How do you translate what information you have gathered into practice? Include measurable outcomes. How do you inform staff? What is your plan of action to pilot the plan? What is the timeline?50.0 ptsActivities to achieve final steps of change are fully described. Ways to translate evidence into practice are discussed (outcomes). Methods to inform staff, activities planned for plan of action and timeline are discussed.44.0 ptsActivities to achieve final steps of change are adequately described.40.0 ptsActivities to achieve final steps of change are briefly described.19.0 ptsMinimal description of the activities to achieve final steps of change.0.0 ptsActivities for final change plan are missing. Translation of evidence into practice is missing.50.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeConclusionClear, solid summary of the key points, ACE Star model and steps of the change plan are included; ways to sustain the change plan are described.25.0 ptsDetailed summary of main points using ACE Star model. Ways to sustain plan are thoroughly described.22.0 ptsSummary of main points/model is brief. Ways to sustain plan are briefly described.20.0 ptsSummary of main points/model is vague. Ways to sustain plan are vaguely described.10.0 ptsSummary of main points/model OR ways to sustain plan are not described.0.0 ptsSummary is missing. There is no plan to sustain change.25.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeMechanicsAPA format 6th edition. Grammar, sentence structure, punctuation, and spelling correct. References, citations correct. Paper formatted in APA format. 0-1 errors25.0 ptsAPA format 6th edition. Grammar, sentence structure, punctuation, and spelling correct. References, citations correct. Paper formatted in APA format. 0-1 errors22.0 ptsTwo to three errors in elements from the first column.20.0 ptsFour to five errors in elements from the first column.10.0 ptsSix to seven errors in elements from the first column.0.0 ptsMore than seven errors.25.0 pts
Total Points: 225.0PreviousNext