The purpose of this assignment is to develop data stewardship standards for clinical and public health entities.
Data is essential to progress when it comes to health care information technology and HMIS. The collecting, interpreting, and modeling of data allows information technology specialists, health care administrators, and clinical practitioners to provide the highest quality patient diagnoses, treatment, and care. But the data are only effective when users have appropriate access and understand how to read the data, and when the integrity of the data is sound.
Read the scenario “Aligning Clinical and Public Health Data Standards Through Partnership With the Public Health Data Standards Consortium,” located before Chapter 10 in the textbook.
Using the information provided in conjunction with your own research, create a plan to enforce data stewardship standards across the clinical and public health sectors as a result of this AHIMA/PHDSC merger.
In a 1,000-1,250-word plan, elaborate on the following points:
- Overarching goal for the alignment of both clinical and public data standards.
- Differences between clinical and public health data use and how this partnership will minimize those disparities.
- Similarities between clinical and public health data use and how this partnership will capitalize on those parallels.
- Your proposal for new data stewardship standards and guidelines.
- Action plan: What will be the first steps in standardizing these data stewardship guidelines and how do you plan to go about managing this process? How do you intend to ensure and maintain consistency in data stewardship standards across the clinical and public health sectors? Who will have access to what data? How will data be collected and stored? How will confidentiality be maintained throughout this process?
- How will this collaboration affect patients, health care practitioners, and both public and private health care organizations?
- How will this partnership strengthen the infrastructure of health information systems and technology?
You are required to use at least two scholarly references in addition to your textbook for this assignment.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.