How might the performance instrument differ for a position oriented toward routine duties versus a managerial position?
Assignment 2: Evaluation of Agency’s Public Personnel Administration, Part 2
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Analyze the organizational design of the selected agency’s human resource management in relationship to the entire organization. Assess its strengths and weaknesses. (Title this section “Organizational Design”)
- Assess the agency in terms of its global or international linkages, highlighting its application of theory to its approach to personnel management. (Title this section “Global Linkages and Personnel Management”)
- Analyze at least three (3) of the major components of the agency’s human resource system’s goals and practices regarding the recruitment and hiring of a qualified workforce. (Title this section “Personnel Recruitment and Hiring Practices”)
- Evaluate the agency’s approach to training and programs provided for new and existing employees for the development of knowledge, skills, and overall competencies, highlighting the strengths and weaknesses. (Title this section “Employee Skills Training”)
- Recommend at least two (2) actions the agency could take to improve in the areas of recruiting and training a qualified workforce. (Title this section “Recruiting and Training Recommendations”)
- Appropriately incorporate at least four (4) quality sources. A quality source can be either popular, such as a news article, or scholarly, such as peer reviewed works. In the case of public administration, government websites are appropriate quality resources. Note: Wikipedia, SparkNotes, and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page, revisions of the previous assignment, and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length