Week Three Due Date 11-27-20: Read “The Teaching Church At Work” chapters one and two and complete the following:
- The word disciple is to be interpreted _________________ or _______________.
- The church as a teaching community is a community of persons, drawn together by their commitment to Jesus Christ, who develop and extend that community through the ___________________ of __________________.
- Without adequate biblical and theological rootage the teaching ministry can never ___________________ its basic commission.
- ___________________ is key to effective teaching ministry.
- A teaching church cannot ________________ its ministry unless the whole congregation is involved.
- Learning is a ________________ pursuit for the individual Christian and for the Christian community.
- Write out the goal of the church’s educational ministry as stated at the beginning of chapter two.
- What are the three purposes of goals?
- An effective teaching ministry is built upon the common understanding by a congregation of its _________________.
- A _____________ ____________ of understanding the educational task of the church is to focus on a goal or hoped-for outcome.
Week Four Due Date 12-4-20: Read “The Educational Ministry of a Church: A
Comprehensive Model For Students and Ministers” chapters one thru three and
complete the following:
- The Bible is the basic book for the educational ministry of a church. True/False
- Christian educators must know good methodology and good fleshly (worldly) theology and find ways to bring these together effectively in the lives of learners. True/False
- The law and history were the main subject matter of Christian education. True/False
- What was the principal purpose of the synagogues?
- History is a __________________ account of events.
- The church of the New Testament was a teaching-learning fellowship and that teaching was its very __________________.
- List the six ways the early Christians educated.
- ___________________ is gaining in knowledge, understanding, skill, attitude, appreciation, feelings. _________________ is helping in learning.
- One of the goals of a teacher is to influence learning. True/False
- Study the pyramid chart (Figure 1) on page 41 and list the direct and indirect experiences of learning.
Week Five Due Date 12-11-20: Read “The Educational Ministry of a Church” chapters
four thru five and complete the following:
- What are the thirteen portraits the textbook gives to portray the church?
- The English word church translates the Greek word ________________, which means the called out ones or assembly.
- Write out the Southern Baptist Convention descriptive statement about the church.
- What definitions did Hobbs give for “Petra” and “Petros”?
- It is the mission of a church to make known the manifold wisdom of the church leadership. True/False
- According to the textbook, what is worship and ministry?
- Explain the four key constructs: (1) Maturity of faith (2) Growth in maturity of faith (3) Denominational loyalty (4) Congregational loyalty
- Effective Christian education is as important for the faith development of adults as it is for youth. True/False
- Efficient communications – Christians must not use all media capabilities to make known the manifold wisdom of God. True/False
- Religious education will play an essential role in any church that looks to the future to meet its ________________ and _________________.
Week Six Due Date 12-18-20: Read “The Teaching Church at Work” chapters three,
four and five. Submit a two to three page reflection paper on each chapter. —2 page w/cover page apa
Week Seven Due Date 12-26-20: Read “The Teaching Church at Work” chapters nine,ten and twelve. Submit a two to three page reflection paper on each chapter. –2 page w/cover page apa