For this assignment:
- Find an example of one of these maps (cylindrical, planar, conic, and pseudocylindrical) – can be from a printed source, an online source, etc.
- In a paragraph (or two) describe which map projection is being used in your example and discuss the resulting distortion the audience is seeing. Your description should be a minimum of 150 words. Be sure to use complete sentences and remember this is an academic assignment, not a Facebook post or text message – proper spelling and punctuation count! See the rubric below for specifics on grading criteria.
- Attach a copy of the map so your instructor can view it. As mentioned in the Introductory Assignment, the easiest way to do this is to upload the image to your user files first, then embed it into your assignment. To upload an image, click on the “Files” link on the left side of the course in Canvas. Then search for or drag the image you want to upload. Once it is uploaded, return to the assignment and create your response as you normally would. Click on the image icon (button with the mountain on it) to insert/embed your image into your assignment. Choose your Canvas user files and select the image you uploaded. If you need further clarification or instructions on adding an image, please do not hesitate to ask. This is also a helpful resource that includes screenshots – https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10700-4212190965 Links to an external site.
- Lastly, be sure to cite all resources (including the my lecture and/or any of the online sources found throughout the documents) at the end of your post using MLA citation format. Here is a link to the CoA citation page if you are unfamiliar with MLA citation format: https://alameda.peralta.edu/library/library-handouts/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Also worth noting is that copying and pasting (word-for-word) from websites and/or other sources is unacceptable for college-level work (especially if this makes up the entirety of your assignment). Remember, I need to be able to evaluation your understanding of the material. If all of your work is copied and pasted from elsewhere and presented as your own, then this is plagiarism issue and you will not receive any credit (see syllabus for details).
- find and discuss an example of a map projection not mentioned in the video or lecture (there are hundreds if not thousands of different types of map projections out there). Include an image and brief (additional 100 word minimum) description. Be sure to cite any sources used.