Google Cloud platform; Effects of news and media on American culture. Imagine you are a fair-minded news editor. You have been asked to respond to an online discussion thread regarding how news and information media have affected American culture. Note: the plural of journalist is journalists.
Answer the following questions in 100 to 150 words each bullet point (you may make this a Q&A presentation, but it still requires APA formatting and cover page):
· Does a journalist have an obligation to present opposing sides of any controversial subject on which he or she may be reporting, or may certain facts be left out to promote an agenda that the journalist may consider to be for the greater good? Please justify your answer.
· What is the proper role of the information and news media in the shaping of political opinions? What ethics should be applied by media in political reporting?
· How have electronic media and their convergence transformed journalism and news consumption?
· What role does satire have in the news today? How have programs and websites such as The Daily Show, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, and The Onion provided a separate space for commentary on the news and news providers? Do they contribute to political understanding or can they be misleading because of political bias?
· Fake news generally means political reporting in mainstream media (not social media) that usually doesn’t name sources or names sources that are lying and proves to be untrue or fraudulent (it is not reporting on opinions one may or may not disagree with). Provide at least two actual examples from mainstream media (not blogs or social media) during the past two or three years. We are not asking for your opinion about the claims made in a fake news story. Is fake news a legitimate journalistic tool? Why or why not?
· Illustrate your responses with specific examples
Google Cloud platform; Effects of news and media on American culture