1. The expertise of a consultant may improve the credibility of an organization concerning a decision that has been made but experienced consultants view such a use as highly unethical.
2. Non-competitive proposals should be identified and notified that their proposals have been rejected.
3. Which of the following is not true about consultants?
4. HR should always be involved when resolving wage complaints.
5. Which of the following is not true about informal channels of communication?
6. Informal channels are slower than most legitimate means of communication.
7. Individuals who are approaching termination for cause should be allowed to resign in lieu of discharge.
8. Which of the following is true about HR responses to claims for unemployment compensation?
9. Which of the following is true regarding unemployment compensation?
10. When laying off employees, seniority is the fairest and safest means of determining who leaves and who remains.
11. Which of the following is true regarding the decision made by the CEO?
12. A chief executive officer is responsible for policy implementation and day-to-day operations including all personnel matters.
13. Which of the following is true about ethical decision making by a CEO?
14. Which of the following statements is false concerning the board member and her hidden agenda?
15. Which of the following statements is not true about job organization?
16. The goal of scientific management was efficiency.
17. Which of the following is not a true statement?
18. Which of the following statements is not a primary reason why workers join labor unions?
19. The National Labor Relations Act of 1937, commonly known as the Wagner Act, is the basis of most of the labor laws in the United States.
20. When discussing union formation, managers can compare existing wages and benefits with those in unionized facilities.
21. Which of the following is a reason why employees seek to form unions?
22. Which of the following is a true statement about Human Resources arbitration?
23. Arbitration is used to resolve problems rather than simply stating or restating opinions.
24. Which of the following is not a true statement about HR arbitration?