Using the Federal Register
Locate a recent edition of the Federal Register that pertains to the Department of Health and Human Services. New editions are released daily.
- Go to the following website: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/
- Click the link on the right that says “Federal Register.”
- Click on the most recent year. Click on a month, and then click on a day.
- Once you select an issue by the day it was released, scroll to the link titled “Health and Human Services Department.”
- You will see a list of notices.
- Click on the link to the PDF to the right of the notice to view it.
- Locate the following information in the issue, and record your findings:
- issuing office,
- further information,
- supplementary information, and
- final rule.
- In addition to providing the aforementioned information, include a summary explaining your findings.
For more information on the Federal Register, refer to page 11 in the textbook. You may use the example on page 13 as a guide.
Your assignment should be a minimum of one page in length.