Marketing homework help.
During the course of the semester, three (3) cases are to be completed individually and are due on the date stated below. The list of advertising categories is below. You will choose to do a case study of any three (3) of them. The advertising categories are:
- Consumer Packaged Goods-Food
- Consumer Packaged Goods-Health & Beauty Aids
- Consumer Packaged Goods-Household Products
- Consumer Electronics…e.g., headphones, digital wearables, SSVA, etc.
- Computer Hardware/Software… e.g., laptops, smartphones, etc.
- Financial Services
- Retail…Off- or On-Line
The following framework serves as a method to organize your thoughts. The length of the write-up may vary from case to case but it should be at least 3 to 5 pages. Try to be as concise as you can, as brevity demonstrates that you have a clear understanding of the information. However, do not do so at the expense of a thorough analysis.
What is required is for you to watch current TV, video commercials/view print ads/ listen to radio commercials/view on-line ads for a brand. There will be cases where the brand does employ more than one media channel, so you should view as many ads for the brand as possible.
You will analyze the advertising for the brand as follows:
- Advertising Category/Name of the Brand Chosen
- Purpose of the Advertising- What is the advertising program seeking to accomplish? This should be a simple statement or even a paragraph of the objectives of the ad campaign.
- Creative Strategy/Brief- You should look to analyze the ads with these questions in mind…What is the creative approach? What problem is the brand looking to address? Who is the brand trying to reach/appeal to? What are the key consumer benefits and does it deliver those benefits? If there are any brand mandatories, do you think they are helpful or not? In essence, you are developing a Creative Brief.
- Competitive- You should compare your brand’s message to the competition. If applicable, choose one or two competitors who advertise and analyze the similarities and differences between the brand you chose and the competition. Essentially, you are developing a competitive Creative Brief.
- Media Strategy- Review the media channels used by your brand and the competition and provide a point of view. Do you think the brand is employing the correct vehicles, based on the creative strategy stated above? Is the competition using the same or different media vehicles? This is the Media Strategy.
- Digital/Social Media – You must review the digital/social media efforts for the brand you are analyzing as well as the competition and provide comments about how it adds to the overall communications message of the brand. Review sites such as the brand’s website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, Google +, YouTube and any others you might find relevant.