- Each group will do a chronological OUTLINE of the composers life. It should be 2-4 pages, and another 1-2 pages of youtube video links and images (or more if needed. Not links to photos). Remember you are gathering information to put into your PowerPoint presentation. See this website for writing outlines:
- http://www.austincc.edu/tmthomas/sample%20outline%201.htm (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Links to an external site.A proper outline does NOT include bullet points or dashes.
- Your outline should have plenty of dates/years
- Each section should be a continuation of the previous section. All student outlines should be continuous and cohesive from birth to death.
- You should include youtube video links and images of the composer and/or his works that you think would be good to use in the final presentation.
- Make sure your youtube videos are high quality of professionals performing their works.
- When at all possible, do not use videos that are just still photos. You should find live performance videos.
- You will also want to find an array of good images of the composer to be able to display in a PowerPoint. Other creative photo ideas:
- Album Covers
- Family members photos
- Childhood home
- Score sketches
- Quotations or Famous Sayings
- Image of their signature
- CITE ALL YOUR SOURCES in a WORKS CITED PAGE* (at least 10). Okay to use: your textbook, library books, magazines articles, journal articles, other websites (again, check obscure websites for accuracy), NOTWikipedia. *NOTE: THREE of your sources must hard sources: (i.e. from a biography or autobiography or other books or magazines) And one of those three sources must be “The Lives of the Great Composers” – Harold Schonberg. (This book will be on reserve at the Library)
Please refer to this website for compiling a Works Cited Page in MLA format:
https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/08/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.