(1) Sketch a research design using observation research for each of the following. Be sure to explain the procedure you would use:
- A non-profit organization wants to know what Facebook posts are likely to be commented on, liked, or shared by stakeholders.
- An executive of a major fast food restaurant wants to know how long a customer has to wait to get their order. The order is placed inside the restaurant, not in the drive-thru.
- A researcher wants to know if the role portrayal of African American women in magazine advertisements has changed over the past 15 years.
(2) Go to the NCU library from your home page. Examine the guide to primary and secondary sources to see what is available. This can be found under LibGuides → Research Process → Primary and Secondary Resources. Then go back to the home page and look scroll through the databases available (See A-Z databases) to locate data to answer the following questions:
(a) Does there appear to be a relationship between adult internet usage and age between 2000 and 2018?
(b) Has the incidence of data breaches in the health/medical sector increased in the last five years?
In each case, explain your rationale. Be specific. While you cannot use tables and/or figures from another source without copyright permission, you are free to create your own to support your conclusion. Be sure to cite the source of the table/figure using APA formatting.
(3) Comment on the appropriateness of observation and/or secondary data for the measurement of the concepts identified in your research questions. Explain your rationale.
Length: Your paper should be at least 5, but may be as long as 10 pages, if the table and/or figures are included. This does not include the title and reference page. You are encouraged to make effective use of tables and/or figures in your presentation.
References: Include a minimum of three (3) scholarly sources.
Your presentation should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.