|Perform a direct assessment of a community of interest using the “Functional Health Patterns Community Assessment Guide.”
-The community of interest is Scottsdale, Arizona USA.Address every bulleted statement in the 2 following sections with data or rationale for deferral.
1.) Value/Belief Pattern
• Predominant ethnic and cultural groups along with beliefs related to health.
• Predominant spiritual beliefs in the community that may influence health.
• Availability of spiritual resources within or near the community (churches/chapels, synagogues, chaplains, Bible studies, sacraments, self-help groups, support groups, etc.).
• Do the community members value health promotion measures? What is the evidence that they do or do not (e.g., involvement in education, fundraising events, etc.)?
• What does the community value? How is this evident?
• On what do the community members spend their money? Are funds adequate?
2.) Health Perception/Management
• Predominant health problems: Compare at least one health problem to a credible statistic (CDC, county, or state).
• Immunization rates (age appropriate).
• Appropriate death rates and causes, if applicable.
• Prevention programs (dental, fire, fitness, safety, etc.): Does the community think these are sufficient?
• Available health professionals, health resources within the community, and usage.
• Common referrals to outside agencies.