Past Acts of Terrorism
Select a past act of terrorism from the following list:
- Boston Marathon Bombing of 2013
- September 11, 2001 attacks (World Trade Center)
- September 11, 2001 attacks (Pentagon)
- World Trade Center Bombing of 1993
- 2009 Shooting at Ft. Hood
- Oklahoma City Bombing of 1995
In a three- to five-page paper (excluding title and reference pages), explain how the government (local, state, and federal) responded to the terrorist attack. Include the following:
- Explain how the government agencies (local, state, and federal) communicated with each other and the public?
- Explain how the wounded were cared for (trauma centers, hospitalizations, search and rescue, etc.)?
- Explain the challenges first responders faced (health and safety issues/concerns, supplies, etc.).
- Identify at least two actions government agencies did well and at least two actions government agencies could have done better. Evaluate how they can improve or have improved for future emergency responses. Support your evaluation with specific examples.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.