Answer the following four questions, researched and cited, and turn it in through the “turn-it-in” upload within CANVAS. This assignment will be due a date as identified in CANVASS. In this assignment the student must identify several Items:
1) What is the difference in an open primary and a closed primary?
2) How does voting turn-out vary between mid-term elections and presidential elections? Why is their a variation?
3) Texas is a one-party dominated state and dominated by the Republican Party. Do you think Republican dominance is best for the people of Texas, why?
4) Why is voting important to the survival of our democracy? Did you vote in the last election, why or why not?
- Textbook Chapters: Chapter: Texas Campaigns, Elections, and Voting
COMPLETING THE ASSIGNMENT:
These are the instructions for completing the assignment:
- The questions need to be answered in complete sentences and paragraph form.
- The assignment needs to be double-spaced, Times New Roman 12 font, have one-inch margins on the top, bottom, left, and right.
- Make sure to check your spelling and grammar.
- The assignment MUST BE A RESEARCHED, AND HAVE SPECIFIC CITATIONS FROM WITHIN THE PLATFORMS.
- THE GRADE: The grade will be based on the traditional 0 – 100 point scale.