– Identify the topic in one or two paragraphs.
– Summarize the foreign policy topic (US foreign policy regarding political violence in Mexico.)
– Describe the current status of the policy or topic
– Describe why this policy is important to the United States
– Cite each of your academic journal articles (not supplemental sources) at least once in the paragraph using correct MLA in-text citations.
– Include the Works Cited or Reference section with the three (at a minimum) peer-reviewed academic journal articles that will form the basis of your policy paper.
– These three references must be cited in the final policy paper.
– Additional sources can be added (and should if a good grade is desired), but they cannot be changed without permission after the proposal is approved.
– The Works Cited or Reference section must be formatted using MLA citation style.
– Do not use block quotations or first person in the proposal or final policy paper
The Policy Paper
Prepare a formal research paper regarding the selected policy. The assignment is to be 5-8 pages excluding any direct quotes, paraphrased information, cover page and works cited page(s).
The essay is to discuss each of the following prompts:
· An introduction and brief overview of the policy relationship.
· What are the major issues facing each country involved?
· What are the reasons for initiating changes to the policy?
· What are the options to be considered (discuss several)?
· What are the pros and cons of each potential reform (costs v. benefits)?
· Which is the best option moving forward (pick one)?
· A summary and conclusion