You can easily create a concept map using the insert tab in Microsoft Word. Click on Shapes, and drag the shape you choose to your paper. Then right click to add text to your shape. You can go to the format tab by right clicking on your shape to add color, depth, and other special effects. Be sure to cite your concept map in APA format.
Be sure to cover these topics:
- Assessment findings
- Diagnostic tests – labs, x-rays etc.
- Focused assessment
- Medications, surgical procedures and other treatments
- Preventative measures, risk factors, or at risk groups
- What client teaching might a practical nurse reinforce under the guidance of the RN?
- Prognosis and long term outlook for the patient
- Support groups
- Resources (cited in APA format)
Selects a relevant congenital disorder, and discusses major symptoms of the disorder and assessment findings
Discusses the pathophysiology of the disorder
Correctly identifies diagnostic tests (labs, x-rays etc.).
Correctly identifies current treatments such as medications, surgical procedures and complementary and alternative treatment options
Discusses preventative measures, risk factors, or at risk groups
Outlines important patient and family teaching topics
Discusses the prognosis and long term outlook for the patient
Identifies support groups and family resources
Lists relevant Nursing diagnoses for the disorder (minimum 3)
The concept map is free from spelling and grammatical errors, is cited correctly in APA format, and uses a minimum of 3 credible resources.