This module/week focuses on environmental and energy policy questions. The emphasis on the possibility of partnerships between government and other spheres within society—businesses, non-profits, communities, etc—will be continued.
- Textbook Readings
- Website: Switch Energy Project
- Website: New Kind of Supercapacitor Made without Carbon
- Kraft & Furlong: ch. 11
- Monsma: ch. 9
Upon successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Identify key issues relating to energy policy.
- Identify key issues relating to environmental policy.
- Apply the MCS approach to energy and environmental policies.
- Differentiate a biblical perspective on energy and education policy from other worldview perspectives.
For this Discussion Board Forum, interact in a free-flowing discussion of the biblical and constitutional parameters for the particular policy focus being discussed this module/week. In other words, you must discuss the “May” portion of the “May-Can-Should” approach to policy analysis and implementation. Engage the ideas of your classmates and the required readings and presentations in a meaningful and thoughtful manner.
Remember to provide thoughts on what government should or should not do from a biblical and constitutional perspective. Also discuss what other groups, individuals, and organizations (possibly including state and local government) should be doing within society to address the policy issues discussed in this module/week.